Fire Rescue Department Employment
The City of Manassas Park Fire Rescue Department serves the community with a single engine company, ALS ambulance, and battalion chief. The staff is comprised of:
(1) Fire Chief
(1) Administrative Services Manager
(1) Assistant Fire Chief of Operations
(1) Fire Marshal
(3) Battalion Chief of Operations
(18) Firefighter/Medic or Firefighter/EMT
Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Manassas Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or religion. Candidates are required to be able to perform all essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation. The City of Manassas Park Fire and Rescue Department only hires personnel with the required minimal training. There is no recruit school.
The probationary period for newly appointed personnel is 12 months, subject to extension in accordance with City personnel policy.
The following are the minimum qualifications to apply:
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. United States citizen.
3. Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate.
4. Valid Virginia Driver’s License and acceptable driving record. Out of State candidates will be required to obtain a valid Virginia license prior to employment.
5. Able to pass a background investigation and polygraph.
6. Able to pass a medical examination and drug screening conducted by City-appointed medical providers.
7. Able to pass a physical ability test.
Fire-Medic Minimum Requirements
- Must have Firefighter II (ProBoard or IFSAC), Hazardous Materials Operations, EVOC 3, and Virginia Department of Health (VDH) Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS), EMT-I or EMT-P certifications; or, the ability to obtain EMS certifications through state reciprocity.
- Successful applicants will be employed as a Fire-Medic with a starting salary of $53,392. The Fire-Medic salary will increase to $57,392 after successful completion of department medic training and authorization from the department Operational Medical Director (OMD) to function as an Advanced Life Support (ALS) provider. (This process is typically completed within the first six months of employment). The probationary period for newly appointed personnel is 12 months, subject to extension in accordance with City personnel policy.
Firefighter-EMT Minimum Requirements
- Must have Firefighter II (ProBoard or IFSAC), Hazardous Materials Operations, EVOC 3, and Virginia Department of Health (VDH), Office of Emergency Medical Services (OEMS), EMT-B certification; or, the ability to obtain EMS certification through state reciprocity.
- Successful applicants will be employed as a Firefighter-EMT with a starting salary of $48,429.
To access the employment application and instructions for submittal, click on this link:
To view the City of Manassas Park’s employment page, click on this link:
In addition to competitive salaries, the City of Manassas Park offers a great benefits package that includes:
• Health and life insurance
• Retirement program through the Virginia Retirement System
• Paid vacation and sick Leave
• Paid holidays (12)
• Uniforms and equipment at no cost
• Optional long-term care insurance
For questions, you may e-mail email@example.com or call 703-335-8845.