❄ The Space Heater Safety Tips page will educate you on how to stay warm and safe this winter season.
❄ Check 511 Virginia the latest road conditions.
❄ Check the National Weather Forecast for the latest weather conditions.
Be prepared for the Cold Weather and Winter Storms.
Prepare your home & vehicle for cold weather.
- Do routine maintenance on your heating system and clean your chimneys
- Maintain proper usage of space heaters.
- Install and maintain your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
Be prepared when spending time outdoors during the winter months:
- Wear appropriate outdoor clothing: layers of light, warm clothing; mittens; hats; scarves; and waterproof boots.
- Check the weather forecast.
- Be aware of the wind chill factor.
- Work carefully when doing outside chores.
- Carry a cell phone and make sure it is fully charged.
- Tell someone where you are going, when you plan to arrive at your destination and when you will be back.